Home Remodel Time
In this series, I last left you with a broken up patio.
Well, now I’m here to show you the almost finished new red brick patio.
Kyle still had to cut some bricks to size to fit on the right side.
And here we see Kyle working on the new support structure for the overhanging roof over the patio. We decided to kind of slightly “beef” it up, while also making it more cute, and more symmetrical. It’s a bit craftsman style… just a bit.
The patio was different levels outside from under the roof, compared to under the roof, and we made it all one level covering the whole area. It made it a lot more unified. Kyle did most of the work on this project. I just helped him here and there. I think this is what he was doing when I was working on the hill in the front yard and building that planter.
I really like the new wood structure. It totally made a difference in the first impression of the front of the house, and makes it feel more homey.
We also painted the entire house. Wanna guess what color? And I made 2 plant boxes for the front porch area to dress it up a bit more. I’ll have to show you the finished product of it all later. Plus we have some after pics that look much better with everything cleaned up
I also have another post coming up that will show you a cool solution to ugly exposed pipes that you can’t bury. We had some big long ugly exposed pipes (I don’t remember if they were water or gas pipes — probably both) that we couldn’t bury because they ran down the side of our completely cement driveway:
And quite frankly, it would have been a hell of a job to do. We do a lot of difficult things, but you really have to be smart about what you tackle. It needs to be worth your time, effort, and money. So we’ll show you what Kyle did with that.
Leave a comment. Let me know what you think about the new brick patio, or the new structural support