This is a guest post by Sachin.
A sky lantern not only looks beautiful, but it is also the safest type of firework. It floats in the sky and creates a mesmerizing view with a unique glow, which people usually remember for a very long time. These fireworks can be used for a number of different events like birthday parties, anniversaries, corporate events, reunions etc. The best part is that these lanterns do not create as much pollution as other types of traditional fireworks. Neither do they emit too much smoke, nor do they create any undue noise. Although, they are the safest types of fireworks, a first time user should still remember a few things before using them.
Tips For Using Sky Lanterns
1) Reputed brand – Always make sure that you buy a sky lantern from a reputed brand. You should also look for a quality fireworks shop before making the purchase. Many sellers may give you damaged fireworks which may be very dangerous. A damaged sky lantern will not work properly and it will be a waste of both time and money. You should also make sure that the sky lantern which you are buying does not contain any harmful chemical or ingredients.
2) Weather – You should always check the weather conditions before launching a sky lantern. A sky lantern gives best results in a pleasant weather. Therefore, it should not be launched during windy or rainy weather. This is because during such weather, it could drift away into buildings, wires or trees. This may cause damage to the lantern and could even be dangerous to other people.
3) Surroundings – It is usually better to use a sky lantern in an open space with a clean and clear view. A park or top of a building are usually the best options. A clear space that is not surrounded by fire hazards or buildings would be safe and secure. Moreover, such a space would give you a clear view of the beautiful fireworks.
4) Permission – If you are planning to launch a sky lantern from the rooftop of a hotel or any other public place, make sure that fireworks are allowed in the building or area. If not, you should first take permission before going ahead with your entertainment. Moreover, there are many restaurants, hotels or public places that do not allow the use of fireworks. Using a sky lantern in such a place may land you into trouble.
5) Read the instructions carefully – Although it is quite easy to use sky lanterns, you should still read the instructions carefully before using them. Most of the times, these instructions are written on the back and can be easily read. Moreover, make sure you are not wearing any sort of flammable or soft clothes which may catch fire. Always ask an adult to light sky lanterns. Proper supervision of children is also necessary at the time of launch. Keeping these points in mind will help you to have fun and entertainment without any problems and tragic incidents.
This was a guest post. We were not paid to place this post on our blog. We simply like receiving guest contributions. Click here if you would like to be a guest blogger at 1house1couple.