Shed Door is Now Yellow

Beach Bungalow Time

Yellow seems to be the new big thing. When I told Kyle how everyone thought we should paint the shed door yellow, he was like, “WHA?!?” And I told him it’s really popular right now (we even saw a commercial tonight of a lady painting her front door yellow), so he was like, “Okay.” So off we went to get some yellow paint.

We went to Home Depot and they seriously do not have a good selection of true yellows. Most of the yellows we saw were orangey yellows and I really wanted a true yellow. So we looked at the spray paint because I was going to go ahead an paint another project yellow so that we have some cohesiveness going on around our yard (I will reveal that later, it has to do with the Washi tape DIY date hosted by Louise at LaidOffMom).

We got a very yellow yellow spray paint and I asked the guy if he could match the spray paint lid color, and he said no because the laser would not register the color on that shiny plastic. But he said that he could eyeball it, and I said that’s fine because it really didn’t have to be exactly the same. Our shed door and my spray painted project would be in different areas of our yard, so it just needed to be close enough. He came up with a great color that we loved.

Last night I worked into the dark, painting the shed door. And this morning I finally took some pics of the results:

And the before and after-but-not-done-yet:

And on Sunday I will post my Washi tape DIY date project (it’s really fun, inexpensive, and easy to do, so you could try it yourself), and all the DIY date participants will be featured at Laid Off Mom on Monday, so stay tuned!

LinkedUp this post at:
Katherine’s Corner
Amanda Stephan

20 Responses to 'Shed Door is Now Yellow'

1. Melanie @ MJ says:

So do you like it???

I think it’s a fun little surprise for anyone coming over to your place. It’s very inviting, might be mistaken for the front door! 😛
    Melanie @ MJ recently posted..25 DIY Crafts for Wine CorksMy Profile

I know, it kind of seems like it would be mistaken for the front door, lol! And yes I love it. It’s so cheerful! 🙂

2. LOVE IT! 🙂
    What do you guys think?

I agree with Melanie – it is VERY inviting now.
    Ash @ HumberHomeProject recently posted..Bragging…My Profile

3. Love it! I’m such a fan of bright doors! They look so good!

4. Kathleen says:

I love the gray and yellow combo. We did our bedrroom in that color scheme. The yellow door provides such a great pop of color. Kudos to you and the Home Depot guy!

5. Ali says:

So great! It looks like a little house I would totally want to move into 🙂
    Ali recently posted..Carpet ConundrumMy Profile

lol! I know, the shed is a little too cute to be a shed, haha. But I don’t see why more people don’t make their sheds cute…

6. Vicki says:

Oh I LOVE that yellow! It’s just the perfect colour. I am really loving the grey/yellow at the moment too!
    Vicki recently posted..Toilet MakeoverMy Profile

7. Oh my gosh — LOVE!!! This seriously looks so adorable — I love the way it turned out! Fabulous job, guys!
    Maria @ All Things Luxurious recently posted..Nancy Meyers Movie Interiors: "The Holiday"My Profile

8. Amanda says:

LOVE IT!!
    Amanda recently posted..I’m Baaaaack…….My Profile

9. Amy says:

LOVE! Love the color combo of grey and yellow. It’s really bold and happy.
    Amy recently posted..Baby Shower Backstage PassesMy Profile

10. Still love it <3
    Kate @ Discover. Create. Live. recently posted..Inspiration Friday: Nursery LoveMy Profile