Saturday Recipes

I love food. And one of the ways to make a house a home is to eat yummy food in it!

For lunch today, I made a fried egg sandwich sprinkled with salt and pepper, with a smear of cream cheese and some yummy artichoke hearts. Along with that, I made a blueberry smoothie to get my antioxidants. Included vanilla yogurt, milk, frozen blueberries, ice, and some yummy vanilla protein powder. I also added a tablespoon of brown sugar because the blueberries are sour. So yummy and refreshing! Look how purple it is!

For dinner I made hot dogs. Many people don’t know this, but if you don’t have a grill, you can get the same effect by frying your hot dogs in a pan on the stove to get some of that much desired char (which I love). I just can’t do boiled or microwaved hot dogs. Also, some flaming hot cheetos and a pepsi. I’m trying to not drink soda anymore, but that’s not really working out too well. At least I didn’t drink any for lunch! This was a healthy meal! (*note sarcasm).

I made brownies today. I love brownies! I always set the timer to go off about 3 minutes earlier than the shortest recommended time and then they are perfect. Remember, when you take things out of the oven they continue to heat because of the pan or whatnot that it’s in. And I like my brownies nice and moist. And you gotta have a nice glass of milk to wash it down. Here’s to dessert!

What did you have to eat today? Anything yummy or unique?

Don’t forget to leave a comment!

15 Responses to 'Saturday Recipes'

1. Hmmm? what did I eat? Starbuxx Iced Coffee for breakfast, a turkey sandwhich for lunch and then we went out for Italian for dinner.. I had cheese tortellini with 4-cheese alfredo sauce. It was delish!

I like my brownies the opposite of you.. almost “overcooked” where they get really chewy! mmmmm..
    Kim (TheMoney-Pit) recently posted..School’s out for Summer! Teacher Appreciation GiftMy Profile

2. Vicki says:

Breakfast = Vegemite toast with Milo
    Lunch = Chicken Nuggets and Lemonade
    Dinner = Not sure yet!

You know I have never actually eaten a brownie that I like…usually if I am after something yummy I will bake a chocolate cake or totally chocolate choc chip cookies….mmmmm!
    Vicki recently posted..Being AussieMy Profile

3. Michael says:

I ate really light this morning before heading off to church. I shouldn’t have done that….by the time service was over I was irritated with the whole situation and just wanted to go home. When did going to church get so difficult???

My mother in law came over and made some sinigang, a filipino dish which is basically fish and vegetables usually eaten with rice. Mother in laws sometimes are the best cooks…it certainly is the case with mine.

I had my fill along with a little shrimp and am feeling much better than when I left the church.

Egg sandwiches are a regular over at my house. We have a healthy version made with sauteed onions and mushrooms mixed in with the egg on Ezekiel bread. It is one of the first things I actually cooked for my wife when I started dating her.

Must have been good, because she asked “me” to marry her. : )
    Michael recently posted..Paralegal Careers (West Legal Studies)My Profile

That’s cool Michael. Yeah, my mother in law is a great cook and always makes such huge yummy meals for us when we’re over there. We always tell her she doesn’t need to go all out every time, but she insists, and I definitely appreciate it! :)

Good job on the egg sandwich! Wow, I can’t believe SHE asked You! :)

4. Ashleen Moreen says:

Oh it’s so yummy! your blueberry smoothie is my favorite.
    Though your fried egg wasn’t that perfectly made but they still looked so yummy! Im hungry now!
    Ashleen Moreen recently posted..Main WebsiteMy Profile

yeah I don’t make perfect eggs… they don’t look perfect, but the sandwich tasted perfect! That was the first time I tried artichoke hearts in an egg sandwich and I was pleasantly surprised :)

5. Since this says Saturday, I’ll try to remember what we had Saturday…

Breakfast: Skip (I woke up at 11 haha!)
    Lunch: Chickfila!
    Dinner: Mexican food – Quesadilla, Chips and salsa and a big margarita :)

And because it was Saturday night we went to a friend’s house and had a lot of wine and some Pizza Pockets! **I only eat healthish during the week and on Sunday haha**
    Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication recently posted..CookOut Cookin’ – Holy Guacamole!My Profile

mmmm, I love chikfila! and mexican food rocks my world. sounds good! I don’t eat breakfast when I wake up late either ;)

6. masking tape says:

same as you i like food. in weekend i take food in mall because this is only day that day i can take some extra food so i completely enjoy that day.

7. Yummy artichoke hearts. I’m really striving to eat stuff out of my garden and challenging myself to eat veggies that are only ripe in my garden. So no artichokes for me (yet…they are finally taking off). What I AM eating a lot of lately is really great and fresh salads with edible flowers. So so SOOOO yummy. Especially with this really great Hollyhock Yeast Dressing. I’m addicted and cannot believe just how good it is for me.

Think I might make some chive scones from my Hollyhock cookbook too. Have a ton of chives and green onions I need to get creative with.

Bernadette
    Bernadette @ B3HD recently posted..I’d Cook More Kitchen – Pinterest Weekly 14My Profile

That’s so cool that you’re trying to just eat the veggies from your garden. I just realized that now that I have some yard space, I can plant some garden stuff like herbs and maybe a few veggies :)

8. I like my blueberry milkshake with vanilla ice cream. Miki (CoCo) likes sushi and other Japanese food. ^-^ And my friend likes and frequently visits the bbq and occasionally feeds me some. “Charcoal is the best, but it’s not the best for you… but it’s definitely better than Monosodium Glutamate.” — hey she said that last part cause of me! Say no to MSG.