Mirror Mirror On The Wall

So we attacked the mirror situation pretty fast because it wasn’t hard to do. I decided I wanted a big mirror that took up almost all the space in front of the vanity. So we went to home depot and got a plain mirror. We got some trim to go around it. We chose a simple white frame. Kyle glued the mirror on and I put up the trim.

Don’t mind all the smudges and water drops. We took this pic before we cleaned the mirror! lol!

We also put up the toilet paper holder (along with the TP of course) and a towel holder by the sink. Some dust in the air from Kyle mixing mortar for the shower tiling job.

Remember how I told you we put dimmer switches in the bathroom (which I love)? Well, we have the lighting on dim, so you can feel the vibe.

Kyle also began tiling the shower.

More shower progress the next day:

So what’s left to work on in this bathroom?

• Clean the dang mirror
  • Floor moulding
  • Window trim
  • Finish tiling the shower
  • Grout the shower tiles (and grout sealer)
  • Install the shower head and controls
  • Install the shower doors
  • Change the bathroom doorknob

So what do you guys think? Are you liking the progress and the process of our master bathroom journey?

Tomorrow we’re starting our new edition of the Yostie Blog Awards. Each Saturday we’re going to give the Yostie Award to one special blogger.

On Monday, we have our first guest blogger, so come on back and make sure you leave Kevin some comment love!

12 Responses to 'Mirror Mirror On The Wall'

The trimmed out mirror is great!
    Ashley recently posted..Growing PainsMy Profile

Thanks Ashley, personally I think we could have done a better job, but we wanted something simple and we wanted it to line up with the size of the vanity ;) But I like it

2. I love the trim on the mirror. Our master bath mirror is a framed mirror, which in theory I like, but it’s all chipped after years of use. Time for a new one!
    Shannon @ Bungalow960 recently posted..Spring Has SprungMy Profile

HI Shannon. Thanks! Cool, work on your mirror frame and post it on your blog so we can all see it :) do you think you could just paint it to freshen it up, or do you need to just get a whole new one?

3. You guys are making great progress! It’s looking good! I’ve found it kinda frustrating that the mirrors in our house are significantly smaller than the sink. It just looks so funky!
    Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication recently posted..March SponsorsMy Profile

Hey Ashley, Thanks! I don’t mind the look of small mirrors as much as I don’t like the function of small mirrors. Mirrors are there so you can see yourself, so why not be able to see more of yourself when you’re getting ready? ;)

4. What I love about the mirror area are the lights just above the mirror. I love the idea!

5. Heather says:

Looks good! I’d love to frame our mirror.

I love big mirrors in bathrooms, and this is perfect! What’s the point of a mirror if you can barely use it?!?
    Kate recently posted..Graphic Monday: Shopping List/ Meal Planning GuideMy Profile