Master Shower Tile Progress

So, just wanted to give you all a little update on the shower progress. Kyle did most of this, I did help with a couple rows, but I can’t take much credit for it turning out so well. For now, this is how far along we were on the shower by June 9th, 2009.

This is going to be my side of the shower:

This is going to be Kyle’s side of the shower:

Almost done with tiling the shelf! YAY! :)

You can see in these pics the design we decided to go with. Big tiles with a stripe of small tiles going across the whole perimeter.

We really weren’t doing a whole lot of work at this point. We actually worked really slowly on the house until later in 2009. Then in 2010, that’s almost all we did (because the economy started to suck and we had to finish this house so we could sell it so we could afford to survive, because quite frankly, a mortgage is expensive!)

So what do you think about the shower tile design we chose?

We”l have more updates on the shower as we get closer and closer to finishing it!

Have a great weekend everyone!

17 Responses to 'Master Shower Tile Progress'

1. I really like the tiling design that you chose! The color of the tiles is really pretty, and I love the addition of the stripe of smaller tiles to really give it that extra element of design. Very awesome!
    Maria @ All Things Luxurious recently posted..Flower Arrangements: Oh, How I Love ThemMy Profile

What a HUGE shower!
    Ashley recently posted..Spring in the Minesing SwampMy Profile

Hi Ashley :)

It is pretty big. A good selling point for the house, really. I mean, it’s not super duper huge, but it’s definitely bigger than any other shower I’ve ever been in.

3. I love the big shower! We may get one many many years from now! I like the way you did the tiling too, it’s uber nice.
    Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication recently posted..What to Do, What to DoMy Profile

4. momto8blog says:

great colors!
    momto8blog recently posted..Boys Will Be Boys. Help!My Profile

5. Katie says:

Looking good! Can’t wait to see the finished product. It will be gorgeous. :)

6. Oh My Gosh! I wish I had a shower big enough to claim a whole side!! WOW! What an amazing job you’re doing!
    Deanna @ TheChangingHouse recently posted..Basement baseboards.My Profile

Still in love with that shelf! And I love how you continues the border through it as well :)
    Kate recently posted..Guest Post @ Free Spirit EaterMy Profile

8. I love that custom shelf idea….so smart!
    Linda @ MyCraftyHomeLife recently posted..Adirondack ChairsMy Profile

9. Danyelle Franciosa says:

Awesome. The shower is really big enough for you. I love the tiles and soon I will renovate my master shower like this one. :)
    Danyelle Franciosa recently posted..Bifold DoorsMy Profile