Woo hoo! I got tagged by Shannon over at the awesome Bungalow960 to do an Eleven Things Post. These things always seem so daunting to me, but I’m always up for a challenge! And look below for who I tagged!
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them that you’ve tagged them.
Me when I was a freshman in college. I decided I wanted to make fake dreads one late night in the dorms. That took a long time and it took a lot of beezwax to really hold it in place. I decided to walk around campus like that the next day. Then when I washed it out, it didn’t really wash out. It probably took about 5 shampoos to really get it all out.
QUESTIONS FROM SHANNON & MY ANSWERS:
1. Who inspires you?
I’m not a super inspired person. I think I typically find inspiration from within and from nature. The Cranberries are by far my biggest inspiration for writing songs and wanting to be in a band like that (kind of more like a fantasy in my mind. I’m not sure I’d actually enjoy the band lifestyle. I like to lead a simple life and I prefer to not be famous).
2. What is your favorite book that you’ve ever read?
I’m not much of a reader, so I have read very few books. My friend Rachel reads books and then I read some of those based on what she says about the books she reads, lol! I will name my favorites I’ve read lately: Eat, Pray Love, The Help, Hunger Games. I am currently reading the 2nd book of the Hunger Games: Catching Fire,and I”m only about 3 chapters in, so don’t give anything away in a comment or something. I typically read books that are planned to come out as movies, and I prefer to read them just before the movie comes out so it’s still fresh in my mind when I watch it.
3. Who is your biggest celebrity crush?
I hate the concept of celebrities and I literally do not have a celebrity crush. I used to have crushes on so many boys in school, but never celebrities. I guess I’m just not the type of person who wants what I literally could NEVER have. My biggest crush is seriously on my husband (I think that’s a good thing!) 😉
4. If money was no object, what would your dream profession be?
To do whatever I wanted on any given day. I know that sounds like what everyone would want to do, but what I mean is that I’d like to have a bunch of professions and got to choose which one I did each day. So if I felt like doing one thing on Monday I could do that. And if I wanted to do a different “job” on Tuesday I could do that. Here are some of the things I would like to do:
- Write songs, guitar/lyrics
- Travel and maybe blog about my travels and traveling experiences
- Be a sponsored runner or something (because it would motivate me to exercise, however, if I only did the sponsored running sometimes I probably wouldn’t be a good enough runner for people to want to sponsor me). But I guess if money was no object I wouldn’t need sponsors, so the idea still works.
- Be a philanthropist. I just want to give money to people who need it.
- Be a teacher about life. Like how to raise kids (yes I know I don’t have any of my own, but I know from experience that I’d be a very good parent). How to manage personal finances. How to have good relationships with others.
5. Do you have any habits that annoy others?
Biting the cuticles on my finger nails. And it annoys me too. I also sometimes go on and on about things when I feel very passionately about a certain topic. This doesn’t bother me. It only bothers the person listening to me. It bothers me that others are bothered by this about me.
6. What’s your favorite thing to cook?
Quesadillas. I think that’s cheating because it’s super easy, but seriously, I like making them. I also like making french toast and spaghetti.
7. Are you a morning or a night person?
I think I’m mostly an afternoon person. I hate waking up, so I’m not a morning person. I get tired at night (if I stop being active), so I don’t really think I’m a night person. But I’m typically tired any time that I am not doing something strenuous with my mind or body.
8. What is the first blog you’ve ever read?
I think my friend Rachel’s maybe? I don’t remember. Or maybe I read others without realizing it was a blog. I used to read articles online all the time, when I had jobs where I just sat at the computer. So I have no idea. Does MSN articles count as a blog?
9. Do you like road trips or would you prefer to fly?
I don’t really like either. I am not a journey person. I am a destination person. I am very impatient and I like to see new things. Most of the time that I’ve traveled I haven’t seen much of anything that was new. When you drive out of southern California, you are typically surrounded by nothingness. There are cool sights to see, but not much and they are few and far between. And when you’re in an airplane, it’s cool to look out the window, but sometimes that all seems like the same too. I prefer to hike. So if hiking was faster, I’d like to hike everywhere I went because it’s more interactive than driving (or being a passenger) or flying (obviously a passenger).
10. Do you prefer salty or sweet things?
I can’t choose between this. If either of these tastes were taken out of my life I would be a very sad person. My favorite things to eat are salty and sweet. I don’t care about spicy things. I could go without that. Kyle and I eat dessert every night, and many times I will eat flaming hot cheetos with sour cream, and then finish it off with some ice cream. I also love to eat salty food with a sweet coke or pepsi. My favorite. I think this need makes me a very unhealthy person.
11. If you were an animal, what animal would you be?
I’ve always pretty much thought I’d like to be a domesticated cat if I was an animal. It’s a very simple life. Eat, clean, sleep, play. No work involved. And I wouldn’t have to hunt because my owners would feed me.
11 Other Random Things About Me:
1. I often wonder why most of the people in this world make choices that make their lives worse instead of better.
2. I am already wondering why I have to come up with 11 things, and I’m only on number 2. I’ve thought about making it less.
3. I’m not a cheater. Another fact about me. I do things the right way, even if it’s the hard way. (So I’m going to do all 11!)
4. I hate spelling and grammatical errors, although I’ll admit that my grammar isn’t always exactly perfect. I especially hate grammatical errors in published books. I think those should be free of errors. How many editors did that book have to go through before it was published? Come on!
5. I’m making what I call Mexican Fiesta Bowls for dinner tonight. It includes rice, black beans, corn, lettuce, sour cream, cheese, and you can also add other things like tomatoes, salsa, and avocado. Then you mix it all up. I eat it with chips (typically Dorritos) instead of a fork.
6. I love sour cream and almost all things dairy. I love milk, chocolate milk, I love dipping my cookies in milk, I love to make my hot chocolate with milk and I can’t stand it when people make it with water. I love all kinds of cheese, and cream cheese, and ice cream. mmm.
7. I love God and I appreciate all the wonderful things He’s done for me. I think He gave me a good mind to be able to figure stuff out and live life right. Anything good that happens in my life is not because I am lucky. God has blessed me. I’m not perfect, but I try to be as good a person as possible. I don’t however go to church very often because I have issues with church/pastors/worship leaders’ motives sometimes. I’m complicated.
8. Since getting married, my true weekends consist of Mondays and Tuesdays because those are the days Kyle has off work.
9. I love riding my bike. Especially when the weather is perfect (obviously).
10. I hate dry weather and I’d rather live where it is humid than where it is dry. I know people can’t possibly ever believe that, but it’s true. I have dry skin and my nose hurts when I breathe in dry air.
11. I love the beach (it’s a bit more humid there than inland, when you’re on the west coast). I want to live where I can look out my window and see the ocean, and I can step a few feet outside my door and feel the sand between my toes. But I really have a fascination with warm ocean water and I desperately want to go somewhere where I can swim in the ocean without freezing!
Yay! I did it!
My Questions for the People I’m Tagging:
1. Do you believe in God, and if so, why? If not, why not?
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
3. What’s your favorite thing(s) to do in your spare time?
4. What’s your favorite thing to cook (whether it be baking or cooking for a meal)?
5. What is the meaning of life, to you?
6. What type of car do you drive?
7. What’s your favorite band, or musical artist?
8. What was the last good movie you watched?
9. Do you have any strange, unusual, or just plain cool talents?
10. What do you think is your weirdest quirk about you?
11. Did you ever get to go on vacation with your family as a kid, if so where, and did you like it there?
People I’m tagging: