Potty Town Break Down

Kyle came up with the title of this post. I think he’s hilarious. Much more funny than I am. But Kyle is a quiet funny person. Most people who know him don’t even know how funny he is. It’s like he keeps most of his funniness to himself. Whenever someone hears him say something funny they’re always really surprised. And I’m always like, “Yeah, he’s actually really funny…” I think the fact that it’s surprising helps make him seem more funny… you know how the element of surprise can intensify emotion…

Anyway so today, we’re breaking down potty town! Woo hoo!

Here we go!

Me getting the circular saw ready because we’re gonna destroy that wall that sits in the middle of the bathroom. In this pic, you can also see the cubby behind the door in the bathroom which is nice for storage. We ended up making a shelf so that there were two levels to store stuff on.

Warning: Do not close your eyes when using the circular saw.

I just really didn’t like using the circular saw. I think this is one of two times I ever used this in my life. And I would prefer to never have to use it again.

Note: Look at what you’re doing when using the circular saw.

Since I lacked the courage necessary to operate this power tool, Kyle took over. Look how easy he makes it look!

We were also destroying the tub. The only way we could think of getting it out was to just rip it up (which was not an easy task).

Now we just have a bunch of pictures of the tub being destroyed:

No more tub:

Now we’re breaking the tile, using a hammer. This was really not easy.

Surprisingly, I didn’t even think to make a mosaic out of these broken tile pieces, but these tiles didn’t really look that great anyway, so…

Just you can get a good idea of what’s going on in this bathroom, here’s a not-to-scale floor plan of our bathroom before:

And here is a not-to-scale floor plan of our bathroom after:

Thanks for coming down to potty down break down. Tomorrow we’re breaking more drywall to make room for the shower and replacing the window, so come on back for that.

11 Responses to 'Potty Town Break Down'

1. Woah. Look at all those tile pieces! That would involve a lot of clean up. I am now rethinking wanting to redo the tile in our bathroom. Too much work!
    Shannon @ Bungalow960 recently posted..I think I can, I think I can…My Profile

The clean up wasn’t as difficult as breaking the tiles with a hammer. It was kinda scary too because the pieces would fly up at your sometimes. Always wear safety goggles! 🙂

Ugh, tile demo would SUCK! We have no tile to remove in our house, thankfully…but we might one day regret putting tile into the bathroom.
    Ashley recently posted..Lock It Up!My Profile

If you put tile in, just make sure it’s something you could live with for a long time and a very neutral color that would go with anything.

3. janet says:

Tile demo is the worst job there is. It’s painful, slow and makes a huge mess. Three things i don’t need in my life! I tool down the old backsplash in our kitchen and never want to do that job again.
    janet recently posted..One Room Challenge – Week 2My Profile

Yeah, tile demo is one of the hardest things to do! Good job with your kitchen backsplash! Thanks for stopping by Janet! ~Lisha

I love how you guys just got right in there and ripped it all apart yourselves! – I don’t think my husband would ever be up for us just ripping apart a bathroom on our own – even if needed it 😛
    Kate recently posted..Recipe Swap: Kasey @ Buttonwood CottageMy Profile

Thanks Kate! Kyle and I are pretty much willing to do anything, so even if it’s hard, if we know we have the ability, we’ll try anything.

5. Louise Edu says:

haha…I’m a chicken when it comes to circular saws, or any electrical saws…i’d prolly close my eyes also!!

I helped Anthony and my dad cut some wood on a table saw once…and I closed my eyes at one time! haha

Great progress on the bathroom guys!
    Louise Edu recently posted..Free Printable CalendarMy Profile

Thanks Louise… yeah I’m just not a power saw kind of gal. I can use the miter saw and the table saw, but not this powerful handheld kind. I feel like something bad is going to happen with I use it! lol ~Lisha

Trackbacks/Pingbacks
  1. Homepage says:

… [Trackback]…

[…] Read More here: onehouseonecouple.blogzam.com/2012/01/potty-town-break-down/ […]…