Master Bedroom – Check

Okay everyone, it’s 10:38pm on Thursday January 19th, and I’m finally getting around to writing this blog post. I have this problem where I procrastinate all day and save everything I really HAVE to do for the time when I’d like to be in bed with my hubby watching t.v. on hulu.com on our laptop. But no. Instead, I’m at our dining room table writing this blog post on our laptop. Such is life. Prioritizing needs to be a resolution of mine. I’m very responsible on a day to day basis, I guess I’m just not responsible on an hour by hour basis.

Now on to the real juice of this post. I’m just going to give it to you straight in picture form! So, without further ado, may I present:

Scratching the Master Bedroom off the To-Do List!

Here’s what it all looked like on February 12, 2011, so everything’s pretty much there, it’s just not completely staged.

Yep, what a slob I am. Those are my brown striped socks on the floor on the right by my dresser! And there’s junk on top of Kyle’s dresser on the left.

Oh yeah, and we also added air conditioning by the window over there. ^

Below is a pretty good angle of the French Doors. New door knobs as well.

Then I wanted to take a picture to see if I liked the white pillows behind the throw pillows instead of the brown ones.

The Staged Master Bedroom

Then I think it was February 17th, 2011 when our Realtor came over and took some pictures with his wide lense camera, so you can really get a good feel of the whole room. These are the final final staged after pics:

~Crown Moulding

~New Fan

~Air Conditioning Unit

~My weiird giraffe paintings I painted for Kyle (he likes Salvadore Dali)

~Cute throw pillows (Kyle sewed)

~White fabric over the West window “curtains” and on the French door “curtains”

~The curtains behind the bed are all nicely placed

~Freshly vacuumed carpet

~Clean decor

~Bed nicely made

So what do you think of all that!?

Before and Afters

(with almost exact angles for both shots)

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After: (you’ll notice that we painted the old wood on the balcony to make it look more fresh).

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Now we have the before and afters next to each other so you can really look back and forth at them for as many hours as you wish!

And just to finish it off, here are the wide lens staged photos again for your viewing pleasure:

Well, that’s the Master Bedroom for ya! If this isn’t something you want to share with all your friends and family, I don’t know what is, so go ahead and click the buttons below so you can share these before and after wonders with everyone!

24 Responses to 'Master Bedroom – Check'

1. Reuben says:

Yea, looks pretty good. Much improvement!
    Reuben recently posted..Relocating Smoke DetectorsMy Profile

2. What an improvement!! Looks amazing.
    Shannon @ Bungalow960 recently posted..my nose is frozenMy Profile

Very nice! My favorite improvement has got to be those beautiful French doors 🙂
    Kate recently posted..C’est Fini! Our Picture Wall is Done!My Profile

Yeah I really like how the french doors turned out. I also think that crown moulding made a huge difference. It’s not noticeable, but when you think about it, it makes a difference 🙂

Nice improvement! The addition of the french doors really “make” it.
    Ashley recently posted..Decorating the Bathroom – Already?My Profile

5. janet says:

Very nice! I like how you’ve made the curtains act as a headboard.

Hi Janet. Yeah our bed has a really low headboard and we thought about what we could do, but since the windows were behind the bed there, this just ended up being the perfect solution 🙂

6. Meagan says:

Oh my! I love it! Maybe you could sell the house to me??? For free??? 😉

But seriously, it looks fantastic! Can’t wait to see the rest of the house!

Meagan, lol! that’s what all my family was saying. My mom kept saying she’d buy the house from us! lol! I’m also excited to show you all the rest of the house 🙂

7. What a difference!Great job…what’s next?
    Linda @ My Crafty Home Life recently posted..A Little HumorMy Profile

Hi Linda, The Master bathroom we’re starting next. tomorrow (tuesday) will be demo day of the master bath! 🙂 ~Lisha

8. It looks great! What a vast improvement! I’m going to have to hop on the bandwagon and also say the french doors are my favorite!
    Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication recently posted..Impossible ProgressMy Profile

9. Heidi says:

Wow, great job! And the french doors just make the room pop!

10. Heather says:

i like the pop of red in the artwork!
    Heather recently posted..Guest Post! Stylish Bookcases.My Profile

Thanks Heather… it’s kind of like a redish orange, you can totally tell in the pics. It’s giraffes because that’s Kyle’s favorite animal 🙂

11. Jana Smith says:

You did a great job. Your lamps have a cool shape, and they give the room nice symmetry.

12. Judi says:

I’m wondering what the decision was behind putting curtains over the closet?

Hi Judi. There wasn’t much decision making involved. The closet just didn’t have anything there when we moved in. We could have installed closet doors, but instead chose to just put up some curtains. The thing I do like about it is that it’s quieter than opening and closing closet doors…